Tuesday 20 October 2009

Sent Emails and Replies

Emails

Below are the emails that I wrote to some companies. I wrote to Turismo de Portugal because wanted to find out what they would really want to show in their idents. I also asked them questions like " I wondered if you would also be able to tell me what the VisitPortugal logo represents." I was interested in this as I wanted to know if it was a human that it represented or I also wondered if it was the country shape with the sun above it, to show how the country always has the sun.
I also emailed British Gas to find out how their recent adverts have been made.

Email About Turismo de Portugal's Logo


Dear Stephen Pender,


It was created in 1992 by a well-known Portuguese artist, José de Guimarães.


The symbol has made having our flag as main reference, as you can see by the colours, the sun and the sea are also represented and all together represents a person welcoming those that want to visit our country.


tdp

Here you can download a smaal film with the author, showing how was built the idea (unfortunately in Portuguese)


http://www.sendspace.com/file/wxm2rd


Evolution:






Best regards,


Bruno Charrua

http://www.blogger.com/www.visitlisboa.com


Bruno Charrua,


Thank you for your reply and the attachment, it has been very helpful. I wondered if you would also be able to tell me what the VisitPortugal logo represents.

Thank you again for all your help

Stephen Pender


Emails


s.pender@rave.ac.uk - contact@britishgas.co.uk

Hello,

I am a student on an animation course at Ravensbourne and I am very interested in how your resent animated adverts are made. I would be very grateful if it is possible for you to e-mail me which agency created it.
Thank you

Stephen Pender

christopher.brocklehurst@centrica.co.uk (British Gas) – s.pender@rave.ac.uk

Hi Stephen

Thank you for your email regarding our Planet Home animation.
The idea was developed by our Advertising Agency CHI & Partners who are based in London – the actual animation is produced and created by a company called Hornet who are based in New York (/www.hornetinc.com) – Gui Marcondes is the Director, who has creative the animation style.
We have used various techniques so far - a mixture of 4D animation packages, filming real models, claymation and stock-frame animation.
I hope that helps.
Many thanks
Chris

s.pender@rave.ac.uk - info@chiandpartners.com

Hello,

I am a second year student at Ravensbourne College of Design and Communication studying animation. I am currently working on a project to animate a range of idents and I really like the style and mood of your British Gas television advertisement (featuring Rebecca Adlington).
I am sorry to bother you but it would be very helpful if you could give me some details about how the animation was made especially how the real human faces were constructed and integrated with the movement of the animated bodies.
For my project I would like to use this style of animation, so any help you could give me would be really appreciated.
Thank you for your help
Stephen Pender

No Reply


s.pender@rave.ac.uk - miguel.perestrello@turismodeportugal.pt

Hello,

I am a second year student at a university in London studying animation. I am currently working on a project to animate a range of idents and I have chosen to base mine on your website as I have enjoyed going on holiday to Portugal since I was very young.
I am sorry to bother you but it would be very helpful if you could send me any information regarding the design brief for your website - in particular it would be helpful to know about the choice of themes, visuals, colours etc.
Please let me know if you require further information.
Thank you for your help

Stephen Pender

info@visitportugal.com (miguel.perestrello@turismodeportugal.pt) – s.pender@rave.ac.uk

Dear Mr STEPHEN PENDER

We thank you for your e-mail, which contents have been duly noted.
In what refers to your enquiry we are pleased to inform you that according to your request (accademic studies ) we are sending you here, the Brandbook used as a base for the website's design.
Do not miss the Allgarve program, from April to October, and get ready for new lifetime experiences in contemporary art exhibitions, musical concerts, international sporting competitions and gourmet desgustations in the gastronomy festivals. For further information please consult www.allgarve.pt
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us,
from Monday to Friday from 8h to 19h (GMT).

Kind regards

Turismo de Portugal
www.visitportugal.com

s.pender@rave.ac.uk - atl@visitlisboa.com

Hello,

I am a second year student at a university in London studying animation. I am currently working on a project to animate a range of idents and I have chosen to base mine on your website as I have enjoyed going on holiday to Portugal since I was very young.
I am sorry to bother you but it would be very helpful if you could send me any information regarding the design brief for your website - in particular it would be helpful to know about the choice of themes, visuals, colours etc.
Please let me know if you require further information.
Thank you for your help

Stephen Pender

bcharrua@visitlisboa.com - s.pender@rave.ac.uk

Dear Stephen Pender,
Thank you for choosing our website.
Unfortunately we really don't have anything written related with the
website, it was based on several meetings and with "on job" interaction.
We just followed some main items of our graphic orientations that you will
find attached ( I hope you can read a bit of Portuguese).

Best regards,

Bruno Charrua

s.pender@rave.ac.uk - turismodoalgarve@turismodoalgarve.pt

Hello,

I am a second year student at a university in London studying animation. I am currently working on a project to animate a range of idents and I have chosen to base mine on your website as I have enjoyed going on holiday to Portugal since I was very young.
I am sorry to bother you but it would be very helpful if you could send me any information regarding the design brief for your website - in particular it would be helpful to know about the choice of themes, visuals, colours etc.
Please let me know if you require further information.
Thank you for your help

Stephen Pender

luisa.correia@turismodoalgarve.pt - s.pender@rave.ac.uk

Dear Stephen,

In reply to your information request we have the pleasure to inform you that the Algarve Tourism Board website: http://www.visitalgarve.pt/?idioma=en
is supposed to give information on the destination: natural, cultural and heritage resources as well as all tourism services (accommodation, restaurants, rent-a-car, etc).
The website was designed based in the concept of our slogan "Feel the energy" and was intended to be as user friendly as possible, and also to allow interactivity through items like the online chat.
As far as it concerns the colours and layout, we tried to follow those we already use in our printed materials in order to maintain a coherent image. Those printed brochures are the ones that are also available in digital format in our website.
We do have a written memo about the evolution of our logo but it is only available in Portuguese and can be accessed in our institutional website: http://www.turismodoalgarve.pt/Sites_Entidades/RTA/vPT/A+Instituição/Sistema+de+Identidade/
We hope we have answered all your doubts, but please free to contact us again if any further doubts do arise.
Sincerely yours, we remain,

Luisa Correia

No comments:

Post a Comment